Scrapyard near Bergen / mechanic

T1 - T5 questions, and other topics.

vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.

Remember! Only English language / Husk! Kun Engelsk!
Forum rules
vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.
pitufinavikinga
Car: T3 1983

Scrapyard near Bergen / mechanic

Post by pitufinavikinga »

Hi! This is my first post here. Sorry my norwegian is not that good yet. I'm from Mexico and have one year working in Bergen. I have a T25 which I'm converting to "bobil :wink: " and need some parts.

I was wondering if there is a scrap yard near Bergen that I can go and check what they have to buy.

Also it would be good to know a mechanic who knows about T3's in case I could not fix some stuff.

Anyone knows?

I appreciate any other tips for T3 rukies in Norway too :D

Thank you very much!

-Andres Castro
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9
slickiverson
-
-
Car: T3 1986
Phone: 40767685

Re: Scrapyard near Bergen / mechanic

Post by slickiverson »

I think the nearest scrapyard where they have T3's is on Voss. I have never been there myself, but heard from a friend that he had seen a bunch of T3's in this scrapyard.

Correct me if I'm wrong..
ThorAlex.
-
-

Post by ThorAlex. »

Hi again!

It's a T3 :wink:

I found this scrapyard: http://www.norscrapwest.no/. They have a facility at Lønningen, near the airport. For a mechanic you could start at the local VAG (Vw and Audi Group) shop and see what they got. My local shop has one that knows a little, and I found a guy at another local independent shop that has a caravelle coach sitting in his back yard. I can't help you more at the moment, but I'm sure someone else will!

Oh, and we want pictures!
slickiverson
-
-

Post by slickiverson »

I don't think they let people in to Lønningen anymore to buy parts, so that is not an option. I can send them an e-mail, just to be sure :wink:
pitufinavikinga

Hi!

Now that you mentioned it, I think I have heard about something near the airport before!

Here is one picture of her (i believe is a dame)

And one of the RnR bed i put in. Today is again naked inside because I will make the bed even wider and reinstall new insulators air-tight, because I started having water inside (ruquie! haha). I will also change those rullegardiner for curtains and well... make it as nicer.

Thanks for you comments. I've sen couple of T3 not (T25 :wink: ) in bergen and even blinked to some and got blink back :D

Snakkes!
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9
ThorAlex.
-
-

Post by ThorAlex. »

looks like a nice (almost) clean van! What year and engine is it? If the body is as good as it looks it seems you've got yourself a rally nice future camper!
vwooosh...!!!
-
-
Car: 1990 Diesel Syncro doka.

Post by vwooosh...!!! »

Hi Andres and welcome here... :)
Very nice T3 you have..! Only thing is the bed looks a little on the hard side..! lol...ok if youv'e got a stiff back... :D
Nick.
VW Mjøsa.
NT2K.
1990 Syncro Doka 1,9 m-Tdi
1990 1,9 Tdi Trufa Coach
2000 Land Rover Discovery II Td5.
Ford 4000
TLF 91785288.
pitufinavikinga

Yes, I think I was lucky on this one! Is a 1983 1.9 bensin

I bought it with 86,000 km. Took it to the EU kontroll and got zero on everything. It doesn't have almost any rust and I believe the km are original first round.

Now I've already been in germany for a summer festival and was very good trip!

I really want to do a good conditioning job so I don't screw a worthy car.

So I will need plenty of advice! :D

Ah... I have some old cushions, but not made the covers yet... but is in the list :wink: Actually I dont know where to buy foam to size... anyone knows??
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9
Viljar
-
-
Car: Ymse T3

Post by Viljar »

Ah... I have some old cushions, but not made the covers yet... but is in the list :wink: Actually I dont know where to buy foam to size... anyone knows??
http://www.gulesider.no/gs/companyDetails.c?lineId=
Zorba bil og båtinteriør :)
56 Type 1
69 Type 2
81 luftdoka
87 svart Caravelle
89 Syncro halvpanel
90 Caravelle Coach
T3-Society
slickiverson
-
-

Post by slickiverson »

Lønningen replied on my e-mail, and they don't allow people to pick and buy parts there anymore.
pitufinavikinga

Hi! sorry for my late reply, was traveling a bit. Thanks for all your comments. I will check this place for interiors, hopefully i can get also good ideas :)

I am building my RnR Bed and other furniture based on different dimensions I found from JK and others on internet and changing some things based on experience on the first bed i built which wanted to improve.

I will share the drawings of everything later (if it fits properly :lol: ) so people can use them freely.

I appreciate any advice also for this ideas. Is not a very complex thing, just a couple of benches, a table and a small cabinet for kitchen stuff.

I plan to have the backrest of the small just against the metal wall between the driver's seat and the back cargo area. Maybe it will be uncomfortable with 90degrees angle??

Snakkes!
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9
112wboxer
-
-
Car: Blå 97 2.5tdi gul 2.5tdi høyttak(tidl mesta)

Post by 112wboxer »

Hello Andres, im also her in bergen and maybe i can help you sometimes with your car
also i have some parts laying around but most for engines (2.1liter) Looks to me you got yourself a really nice car

best regards
pitufinavikinga

Hi guys!

Thank you all for your advice! I finished some stuff of this furnishing project. I went to Zorba but I decided to buy some F50 mattresses in Jysk instead and cut them my self. It ended up pretty good! (and cheaper ;) ) I will try to post some pictures of it.

But.... sadly my car just broke on my way back to Bergen during påskeferie. I just made a post describing that :( I hope there is still something to do for her.

Ketil: Thanks for your help offer! It would be nice to meet. Give me a call when u have time: 94497551

Also, is it some mechanics that know about transporters in Bergen area? Are you one Ketil?

Thanks a lot.

-Andres
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9