Exporting from Norway

T1 - T5 questions, and other topics.

vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.

Remember! Only English language / Husk! Kun Engelsk!
Forum rules
vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.
jersemike
Car: T3 LLE 0631
Phone: +44 77977 35890

Exporting from Norway

Post by jersemike »

Hello.

Can anyone tell me the rules on exporting vehicles from Norway?

Could i just come to the country and drive home or is there an export procedure that has to be followed?

Would i need export plates and do Norwegian insurance companies offer export insurance as they do in Germany or would i need to get that insurance in my country.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
ducce999s
-
-
Phone: 9-1-6-0-9-7-9-0

Re: Exporting from Norway

Post by ducce999s »

According to the information that I get when I talked to the customer was that you did´t need any other export document then original papers for the car. The seller should inform Statens vegvesen that the car should be removed from the norwegian register. You must arrange export/import plates if you should drive it from Norway. Travelling in skandinavien can be done with norwegian temporary plates.

Tak also contact with the customer http://toll.no/templates_TAD/MainTopic. ... anguage=en
SYNCRO1,9TD,SIKASYNCRO2,1,JOKER3 2,1++
TL 1600 Fastback -69
Opel GT 1900 -69
"I'm afraid that, when I die, my wife will sell my car parts for what I told her that I paid for them."
Paul G
Hamna
-
-
Car: 2014 VW T5 140 hk
Phone: Nokia 3110

Post by Hamna »

"Travelling in skandinavien can be done with norwegian temporary plates."

What about outiside of Scandinavia?
Det går an å drikke alkohol uten å ha det morsomt!
ducce999s
-
-
Phone: 9-1-6-0-9-7-9-0

Post by ducce999s »

outside Scandinavian do you need the country specifik permission.

I never sell a car with Norwegian licens plates if it´s sold for export.
Last edited by ducce999s on 25 Oct 2013, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
SYNCRO1,9TD,SIKASYNCRO2,1,JOKER3 2,1++
TL 1600 Fastback -69
Opel GT 1900 -69
"I'm afraid that, when I die, my wife will sell my car parts for what I told her that I paid for them."
Paul G
Der Postmeister
-
-
Phone: 99454090

Post by Der Postmeister »

Not alloved. In Germany you Will need solid plates, Even for temporary use. They have timelimited Editions like The normal ones, but With a date stamped on the plates' side. They are red where the standard is blue striped. These plates however, can be used in Norway for as long as the date is not passed. And as I have tried to figure out, you seem to can use Netherlands and all other nearby countiers temporary plates through Germany. For England, I don't know, but I do know that an import done to the France some years ago, required the normal plates, not temporary Norwegian, to even get it cross the borderline AND to register it in the French system at all. This was solved by, since the car was a rustbucket, missing engine and alot steel and therefore not even close to smell the fumes of Norwegian plates, a fake EU ok and cardboard plates done with love to look right. It went through actually!
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter