New To Norway and Transporter

T1 - T5 questions, and other topics.

vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.

Remember! Only English language / Husk! Kun Engelsk!
Forum rules
vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.
martycochrane
Car: T5 SWB 1.9TDI

New To Norway and Transporter

Post by martycochrane »

Hei Hei,

Sorry about having to type this in English but I only moved to Norway from Ireland in May and my Norwegian still isn't so good( but I'm getting there :) )
Last week I bought a T5 transporter SWB 1.9TDI which I hope to use for a few different things. I raced motorbikes in the UK and Ireland and I plan to do the same in Norway so I needed a van for transporting the bike and for also sleeping in during race weekends.
At the same time me and my girlfriend who is Norwegian where hoping to turn it into a camper that we can explore Norway and Europe a bit in. I was hoping to build the camper in a way that means its easy to remove one of the beds or something else for a weekend that I need to use the van for the motorbike. I was also thinking of buying one of the top box / beds you can buy that goes on the roof of the transporter so I can use the space up there for sleeping instead.
I would really appreciate if anyone can give me a list of links for good shops or anything that they recommend using for parts or anything else you think I might need for my van.
Really looking forward to maybe meeting some of you at a meeting in the future

t5tran by martycochrane, on Flickr
Der Postmeister
-
-
Phone: 99454090

Re: New To Norway and Transporter

Post by Der Postmeister »

Hello and welcome to Norway!

Trufa.no is the norwegian Reimo-supplyer. Reimo.de for parts, and trufa for the import. They have all you didnt know you needed and some more. ;)
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter

TaigAGreEn
-
-
Car: T3 SYNCRO
Phone: 40492641

Post by TaigAGreEn »

Nice T5 :D
Tage Vedal

T3-fan
nurhalbsoviel

Post by nurhalbsoviel »

One thought that suddenly struck me: In my T4 I have some "rings" that I can use when strapping down cargo. How about simply having bed(s) and other furniture arranged such that they are only secured by straps or similar arrangements ? That way, you could very simply remove the items required whenever you needed the stowage room.

Thinking about it, the only parts of your camper equipment that would need proper fastening would be anything to do with (piped) water or gas (and the odd light fixture) - all the other ones would only need fastening for transport, and possibly some help with balance... (I am assuming that you won't bother with a toilet - that one would obviously need careful handling, regardless of type or placement...)
mattwilde66
Car: T3 DOKA Syncro, T4 Syncro, T4 California Exclusive

Post by mattwilde66 »

Hei Hei,

I've just moved over to Norway too. We're up in Beiarn and we've just had our first baby last month. You've got a niec van there. It must have hurt to know how much they would be back in Ireland. Saying that UK prices are that much inflated, it probably doesn't hurt as much.

I think the rules are a lot stricter when converting your own van. I've seen posts of folk who couldn't get their imported vans past the control. I was thinking about importing one of my Syncro's over here but I've sold one and kept the other in the UK as it just wasn't worth paying Toll.

Hope it goes alright :)
Martin Sandvik
-
-
Car: 2010 Multivan T5
Phone: 40204030

Post by Martin Sandvik »

If you need some styling and tuning parts

www.koolart.no