Help with T3 needed around Tromso!

T1 - T5 questions, and other topics.

vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.

Remember! Only English language / Husk! Kun Engelsk!
Forum rules
vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.
Istquai
Car: t3 westfalia '89

Help with T3 needed around Tromso!

Post by Istquai »

Hi. We are a group of Polish students travelling across Scandinavia by VW T3 from '89. Currently we are at Skarsvag trying to fix our bus. Unfortunately, we guess that the problem is with the seal in the head of engine. By Sunday we are planning to leave Skarsvag and head to Tromso. We heard that somewhere around Tromso or Lofoten there is a guy called Roar who's the real fan of Vw T3 and has quite some of them around his house. Anyone could conntact us with him or knows where he lives at ? Or is there anyone else willing to help? We suspect that we will have to even to swap the engine if changing of the seal won't be possible.. Thank in advance for all help.
Bugman
-
-
Car: DJ, JX 2wd og Syncro
Phone: 911 to-seks 8-ni-5

Re: Help with T3 needed around Tromso!

Post by Bugman »

Roar - That would be me, I think.....

My advice would be to search for "Sjølvaste Johnny Larsen" on Facebook.

He lives in Birtavarre, about 150km North of Tromsø/Nordkjosbotn.
(The latter is the intersection between the E6 South for Bjerkvik/Narvik and the E8 between Nordkjosbotn and the Finnish border...)

Johnny has some T3-parts, and may help you guys!
Roar Nyrud
Mail: @gmail.com
'59 Transporter
'79 Transporter 2,0 vare
'89 Transporter Halvpanel 112i Syncro
'89 Caravelle 112i GL Syncro
'90 Transp. 1,6 TD Syncro 16"
'91 Caravelle C 1,6 TD Syncro
'91 (sen!) 112i Doka 4wd.
++