Removing the wall from van with green plates

Postinger som ikke faller under andre spesifikte modeler.
Vctr
Car: T4 2003 2.5 TDI Syncro

Removing the wall from van with green plates

Post by Vctr »

Hi, I have a wall in my T4 with green numbers, and I know it should be there according the rules, but the van is old (2003), and I'm not gonna install more seats, so it doesn't makes a lot of difference, this is only about papers.

So the question is: what can happen if I remove this wall and then I will be checked on the road by police (or another control).
I don't want to change green numbers to white, so this is not the best option.

Also, I guess if I will travel out of Norway, no one cares there if I have the wall or not and it's definitely safe to remove that wall out of Norway and then install it back?
Thanks for the answers.
OddN
-
-

Re: Removing the wall from van with green plates

Post by OddN »

The important thing here is how long the van has been registered in Norway.

If more than 10 years you can remove the wall free of cost. If you get pulled over and you dont have any seats or passengers in the rear, the worst thing that is likely to happen is that you must change the registration from van (varebil) to passenger car (personbil) and buy white number plates.

If you van has been less than 10 years in Norway (that is from the date it was first registered in this country) you are looking at a huge fee for having illegally converted you car without paying the neccesary taxes.
Der Postmeister
-
-
Phone: 99454090

Post by Der Postmeister »

Nobody gives a f outside Norway, but if stopped by toll or biltilsynet, tok might get into trouble. And EU kontroll will not go in your direction...
You might get just a mangellapp, but you also might get to pay tax (a lot if lucky) if you are stopped.

The best you can do, is to actually ask them; what happen if I do take the wall down whitout telling and gets stopped?
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter

Vctr

Post by Vctr »

OddN wrote:The important thing here is how long the van has been registered in Norway.

If more than 10 years you can remove the wall free of cost. If you get pulled over and you dont have any seats or passengers in the rear, the worst thing that is likely to happen is that you must change the registration from van (varebil) to passenger car (personbil) and buy white number plates.

If you van has been less than 10 years in Norway (that is from the date it was first registered in this country) you are looking at a huge fee for having illegally converted you car without paying the neccesary taxes.
It was originally with green numbers from 2003, so I don't have to pay tax if I want to change to white plates.
So I guess the case with paying a lot of money is not for me, because the car is old.

So, who I should ask about this case? Statens vegvesen?
Der Postmeister
-
-

Yes. Start there
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter

Vctr

Post by Vctr »

Der Postmeister wrote:And EU kontroll will not go in your direction...
Is there a checkbox in EU kontroll for that wall?
If yes, then I guess the cracked plastic glass in that wall can be a problem too?

P.S. Checked EU kontroll list https://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/235 ... C3%B8y.pdf and didn't find anything about the wall.
Der Postmeister
-
-

Punkt 10.1
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter

Vctr

Post by Vctr »

Der Postmeister wrote:Punkt 10.1
Was thinking about that punkt too.
So, the only thing I concern about, can I re-register my van for white plates without adding any seats? Is it possible to have "personbil" (which is van) with only 3 or 2 (1+2 or 1+1) front seats?
I know that if I add some seats and re-register the car, then I can remove them legally, so in the end, this is the same. But I just don't have any seats and don't want to buy it.
Der Postmeister
-
-

Yes. And yes. If biltilsynet allowes you. You end up there. Always
Rune Andersen

-1988 112i Transporter
-2003 Vr6 Transporter
-2017 TDi Transporter

Vctr

Post by Vctr »

Der Postmeister wrote:Yes. And yes. If biltilsynet allowes you. You end up there. Always
Good, thanks a lot for your answers.