New motorblock and overhaul =)

T1 - T5 questions, and other topics.

vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.

Remember! Only English language / Husk! Kun Engelsk!
Forum rules
vwbus.no is a Norwegian bus forum. Here in this section we invite questions/comments in English so that people who are struggling with Norwegian can ask questions using English.
pitufinavikinga
Car: T3 1983

New motorblock and overhaul =)

Post by pitufinavikinga »

Hi,

Last spring my engine block broke (literally) so I had to find a solution for it. After months of looking for a solution, Paul (Ducce999s) told me he may have a motor block that would fix my problem. And it did :)

My car was broken south of Oslo, so I traveled there and met Paul. We towed the car to his garage and start the work.

We have already prepared the spare parts and a bit extra that we could use. Once the engine and transmission had to be down, we took the chance to give a descent overhaul :) Main trans shaft bearing, complete new clutch (nice!), front and back crankshaft seals, fresh oil and coolant, re-grease CV joints, and lots of here and there small fixes.

I am not going to write a novel, so I prefer to post some pictures. But I really want to thank in public Paul for his great hospitality and help! He is a great guy, and yes, with all his T3s, a great inspiration! His place is like a candy store for T3 enthusiast :)

OK, the pictures:

The broken engine. An smart previous owner mechanic had the great idea of mounting the alternator with just one bolt and a broken tension adjustment bar. The result, all the work just on one little corner of the cast engine block. It was matter of time.

Rescue Team

Bye bye old engine (But we reused the iginition system since the replacement had defect)

New seals :)

New clutch vs Old clutch plates!! Old one was not complete destroyed, but good time to get a new one

Complete new clutch in place (also bearing)

On the way back home to Bergen :)

I wish I had taken more pictures, because it was a lot of work and is good for documentation, but I wanted to help as much as I could (and learn!)

And well, so far a very happy ending for me and Pitufina (Smurfette in spanish)!

Thank you again to Paul that did a great job! And just in a couple of days!

Snakkes!

Andres Castro
Andres Castro
T3 1983 1.9
Tur-Bo
-
-
Car: 2000 t4 syncro
Phone: 46925366

Re: New motorblock and overhaul =)

Post by Tur-Bo »

Thats what vw people do :D
Hemmelig agent for Trollsikkerhetstjenesten.
2000 t4 syncro .89 MB 300 tdt 4matic., 96 Norsjø carrier. 1991 Mazda mx 5. 2000 Harley Davidson Road King classic. 1983 Susuki GR 650.1966 Tempo corvette 300.